PreVenture focuses on at-risk youth and introduces motivational pathways and coping skills based on the individual's personality profile. Youth fill out a brief personality questionnaire that aligns them with the personality style most relevant to them. They then learn useful coping skills, set long term goals, and channel their personality toward achieving them. Unlike most universal programs that address normative attitudes around mental health and substance misuse, PreVenture predicts teenage behavior and provides a bridge between youth and mental wellbeing.
Why Does PreVenture Work?
- It provides answers
- PreVenture focuses on youth and introduces cognitive behavioral strategies and coping skills based on individual personality styles.
- It promotes support
- A trained facilitator provides group workshops in a supportive and comfortable environment.
- It encourages mental wellness
- At its core, motivational interviewing and cognitive behavior therapy help youths to understand and manage their risky behaviors.
- It's evidence-based
- The PreVenture program is based on scientific evidence replicated in trials around the world.
To be get involved with the PreVenture Program in the 2022-2023 school year, contact Jake Martz, our Youth Life Coach!