Did you know that today is Random Acts of Kindness Day? We at the Jay County Drug Prevention Coalition wanted to share some ideas to spread some kindness within our community today!
1. Bring a coffee to someone that you work with.
2. Drop some flowers off to a business that you frequently shop for.
3. If you are in a long line at a store, invite the person behind you to go first.
4. Hold the door open for someone coming in behind you.
5. Leave an encouraging note for your spouse, child, or neighbor.
6. Put a sticky note on the gas pump, entrance door, or bathroom mirror at a gas station.
7. Send a thank you note to essential workers in the mail (i.e. nurses, police officers, postal workers, fire fighters, ect.)
8. Randomly hand $20 to the first person that you see in the grocery store.
9. Bake some cookies and drop some off to a family member.
10. Send a photo or a memory to a friend in the mail.
11. Pay for someone's order in the line of a drive thru.
12. Send a funny, uplifting e-card to someone in your email list.
13. Bring your neighbors trash cans back up to their house/garage after trash day.
14. Send an encouraging text message to someone that you thought about today.
15. Ask if someone needs help shoveling out their driveway.
16. Donate to an organization or charity that you are passionate about.
17. Encourage someone that has made the brave choice to quit an addiction!
18. Send a friend a funny video that you saw on YouTube, Facebook, or Tiktok.
19. Buy a new book to read to your kids at bedtime.
20. Refrain from negative self talk - you deserve kindness too!
At the JCDPC, we are hoping that you all both give and receive random acts of kindness today from family members, co-workers, and even people that you don't yet know. There are plenty of ways to spread kindness in a socially distanced way on a daily basis, and we hope that today is your reminder about how simple it is to do just that. Choose kindness today!
Multiple Authors including coalition staff, board members, and coalition members contribute to this page.