We all know that the fan favorite of activities to do on the fourth of July is to light fireworks, but what are we supposed to do with our families during the day? Here are 5 simple and fun things for you and your family to all enjoy together on the fourth:
1. Go for a walk or bike ride: summer only comes once a year for us in Indiana, so take advantage of the nice weather while we have it; and don't forget to drink lots of water!
2. Bake a fun, patriotic desert with your friends or family: from firecracker cake and flag fruit pizza, to stars & stripes trial mix and red, white, & blueberry bites, the opportunities are endless!
3. Put on your swim suit and play in some water: the hot summer weather calls for some swimming in the pool and running through the sprinkler!
4. Grab your grill and throw on some grub: nothing tastes as good as a burger or hot dog straight off the grill, but there are also some great veggie grilling options if meat is not your thing!
5. Make some popsicles with your kiddos: not only are popsicles a refreshing treat in the heat, but they are so simple and fun to make!
From our families to yours, have a safe and fun holiday weekend!
- The Jay County Drug Prevention Coalition
Multiple Authors including coalition staff, board members, and coalition members contribute to this page.